There is just something about the open road, isn't there?
They say road trips aren't for everyone... I'd like to know who "they" are. To quote Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, "'They' talk a lot, don't 'they'?"
Life post-COVID-19 crisis (we'll still have COVID to contend with, but my hope is we won't be in crisis mode), will be different. Traveling will be different. Research suggests that most travel will be domestic (for obvious reasons), and for the most part, by car. What do you think?
An observational study done by European private jet charter operator Globe Air found that transiting terminals at airports and flying on a commercial plane creates around 270 possible person-to-person interactions where one could be exposed to Coronavirus versus less than 20 on private flights. I can help you with private aviation options. If you would like to learn more, please save your seat for my upcoming webinar here.
With that in mind, follow along over the next several weeks as I highlight the Great American Road Trip. When you feel comfortable traveling again, you can use the guides that I publish as a wonderful guide to get out and about. You can drive to the starting point, or consider private aviation.
Download your first Great American Road Trip plan - free! You can use it as it is, customize it as you see fit, or contact me to plan truly transformational experiences.
But why take a road trip? In the time of COVID, it really gives you an opportunity to control you environment and be away from people, out in nature. Other benefits include:
1. Self-Reflection. There’s nothing quite like a long drive on an open road to clear the mind.
2. Find Inspiration in Nature. The simplicities of nature are profound sources of inspiration. We are blessed with amazing physical natural beauty in the United States.
3. Try Something New. Odds are, you don’t get too many opportunities to try a new activity in your day to day life. Travelling is the perfect opportunity to change that! A new hike, a new food, a new audio-book – who knows?!
4. Great Stories. Road trips always, always leave you with amazing stories.
5. Experience a Deeper Sense of Gratitude. Seeing how people live, or have lived, will change the way you appreciate your own everyday life.
6. Really Get to Know Your Traveling Companions. Kids, spouse, friends - travelling with others also gives you the chance to get to know your companions a little (or a lot) better. It is a great way to learn and grow together.
7. Renergize. We all need time to relax and unwind for the sake of a positive life balance. Taking a trip away gives our minds and our bodies a chance to let go of everyday stressors.
8. Discover the unexpected. Perhaps one of the most unexpected elements of diving head-first into your dream road trip is discovering a new path or purpose.